Sunday, January 25, 2015

Hand Drawn Polaroids

(This post has has been posted over a month ago, but for some personal reasons I sent it back to draft before re-posting it again.)

Hi everyone! I hope you have a nice weekend. <3

My friends and I watched The Imitation Game yesterday and it was amazing. Going to stick the movie ticket to add to my Movie Tickets and Doodles collection tonight. I've been busy (re: lazy) the whole weekdays so I actually had to do my assignments on the weekends... But I watched the movie and hung out with my friends on Saturday (also going to school, but only until 11 am) and I made this DIY and am writing this blog entry today. So... *cries*

Anyway, I've always been a fan of polaroids, but always don't have money to buy an instax. *cries again* On my birthday which was last week, my friends gave me a pack of the cutest wooden clippers ever and it inspired me to do this DIY.


All you gotta prepare is a cutter, a sheet of pretty thick paper (I use a paper from my A4 sketchbook), a pencil, en eraser, a pen, a ruler, and a set of wooden clippers (along with the string). You may also need a cutting mat. But since I don't have it, I used the back of my old sketchbook huhu). 
ATTENTION: Don't use a cutter if you're not used to it; ask older people to do it for you (don't forget to say thanks after that!) or use a pair of scissors instead.


Fold the paper into halves and cut the folding edges. You will have 2 sheets of paper now. Then half each paper and cut the folding edges again. Do that until you have 16 piece of paper (each is about 1/16 of an A4 paper - or whatever size you want ;)).

With a ruler and a pen, draw a box on each piece of paper so they would look like polaroids!


Next, draw what you wanna draw. You can also stick photographs if you want!
As for me, I draw my favorite scenes of Glass Sneakers, a Wattpad story by crossroad. If you haven't read it yet, you should! At first it might look like a cliche story. But trust me, it's not. It's more than a princess and a prince. Cliche stories don't make me cry like it does. Read some chapters, and you'll be attached to it in no time!

Trust me, you should give it a try. ;)

The story is coming to an end (NOOOO! ;__;) and the author's birthday is in less than 2 weeks so I'm thinking of giving these polaroids as a thank you for finishing that amazing story and for a part of her birthday present at the same time.


I hope this inspired you!

Love, emilywip. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment