Saturday, April 16, 2016

How to Make Bookmarks with Origami Papers


I went to the bookstore to get some new art supplies yesterday. It was my kind of soul renewal thing lol. Honestly I just love big bookstores where the workers don't stare at your every movement, mentally asking you, "May I help you with omething?", basically because most of the time I only wander around the store, looking around, without any particular things to buy. I just buy what I happen to see. But yesterday I did have some things to buy.

The morning before, I watched a YouTube video explaining how to make bookmarks with origami papers. I didn't have those papers, so a pack of them was on my what-to-buy list, along with new pencil and eraser, paint brushes, and all those things you probably don't care about hahaha.



So. Let's get started!


What you need:
1. Origami papers
2. Pens/markers/glue/scissors (additional)

What to do:

1. Fold your paper into a triangle, showing the colored sides on both sides.

2. I suck at giving instructions but just fold the right corner upwards.

3. Do the same with the left side.

4. Then unfold both of them.


5. Fold the portion in the middle outside, showing the white side.

6. Tuck in the right side into the space you've just made.

7. Do the same with the left one.

8. Finally tuck in the remaining part. And you're done!


You can decorate it before using it as a bookmark. But be careful, make sure the pens/markers you have are permanent and check if the glues you use is completely dried. You don't want ink smeared on the pages of your book and you don't want the pages stick to each other, yes?


Have a blessed Sunday!

xx emilywip

Ps: if you haven't read Crime of Evil, you deff should! Sooo soo good.

2 comments: