Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Semasa di Kota Tua: Dec 2016 + Mini Art Haul

Hello, dear reader. Hello, December.
 
On Saturday, I was checking out my Instagram followings' Insta stories, when I found out that there was an event happening at Kota Tua (Old Town), the Fatahilah Square to be precise. It was only held for two days during the weekend, so the day after was obviously my last chance to visit it.

So, knowing about it the day before, my friend Jeanne (I feel like I forced her to come with me) and I went to the event on Sunday. It's called Semasa di Kota Tua. The event is a combination of art workshops & a creative market with an orchestra performance. Aside from that, there were also 'Sketch Together at Kota Tua' & 'Unrevealed Kota Tua Walking Tour' programs.

We both went by using Transjakarta, stopped at Kota Station, and walked from there. It was held on the 2nd Floor of Gedung Pos, specifically at the Batavia Market. I've learned that this wasn't their first event. They've hosted several events like this in the past year.

Note: most of the pictures in this post aren't high quality, but I hope you'll still find them enjoyable like I do.


As we entered the room, we were greeted by this teal colored wall that I think really matched the ambience. The other side was full of glass windows overlooking the Fatahilah Square. The room wasn't that huge and it was packed with people, but it still felt cozy. I have to say that I really, really like the tenants!!! There were so much cool, creative individuals that I've met there, along with their lovely products.


The day before, I spared some money to buy mini cookies from Surely Someday Kitchen, but they've already ran out of the cookies by the time we arrived! :( I was really curious about their Cocoa Earl Grey, Rosemary Honey, & Honey Lavender cookies. The friendly people at their table suggested me to buy online, though. And I'll definitely order soon haha how can I resist those tiny cookies with interesting flavors and shapes?




There were different types of things, ranging from fabric, to leather goods, carved wood, to natural beauty products and aromatic oils, candles, ornaments, to postcards, accessories, pins, art prints, notebooks, art zines, and more fantastic stuff. My favorite? Art prints and postcards!


There was a music performance at 3-4pm. I'm not that into music but I think that was one beautiful, elegant performance.




I also bought a bottle of matcha from Yuuyuu Tea and a bar of Potato Chip Milk Chocolate from the growing chocolate industry, Pipiltin. I have to say that they're a little expensive but also nice.

We went home not long after and I thought to myself: I THINK I HAVE TO GO TO THEIR NEXT EVENT!


There was actually potato chip chunks inside the chocolate bar haha! For those who love potato chips and milk chocolate, you gotta try this. Their chocolate packagings are all also so nice.



I've ended up using the spared money for art prints haha! Bought a Kiki's Delivery Service postcard from asobi, an art print from Zora, and another art print from Liunic. #noregrets



Thank you, Semasa di Kota Tua, for the great event & for introducing me to some new brands to add to my go-to list. Actually made my week. :)

While at Kota Tua, you should visit Semasa di Kota Tua!

x emilywip

No comments:

Post a Comment