Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Conversation & Tea at Semasa

Hi... guys. How's your holiday so far? (This question is especially directed to all of you who've just graduated from high school last May)

My 'holiday' is filled with a sea of bubble wrap, a pair of huge pink scissors, rolls and rolls of transparent tape, strangers' addresses, and coffee / tea making equipment. Guess what does that make me?

A packer.

I know, I know, it doesn't sound like the coolest part time job ever, but from my experience, it's definitely not an easy one. Especially when it's fragile stuff that you're dealing with. And lately the orders became crazy and I just have no time & energy to breathe calmly and paint and do the things I wanted to do. We small online shop runners should be truly grateful for crazy order days though! :)

But yesterday, I was able to catch up with a good friend and have some conversation over tea. I'm not a cafe goer to be honest, but we both have always wanted to try Semasa Cafe and we finally did.



The cafe itself is located on the third floor of Olveh Building, a historic building from the Dutch colonial era. The white Olveh Building is located across the busy Kota Station, so you can reach it by both train and TransJakarta. A few minute walk is needed though. :)



Aside from being a cafe / tea room, Semasa is also a shop for handmade goods lovers. There are handcrafted accessories, tea, soap, candle, pottery, and so on.

My friend ordered Semasa Milk Tea and I ordered Matcha Latte. And they came with 3 yummy assorted cookies! I wanted to try the Ceremonial Matcha, but it was too damn hot outside so I had a slight change of plan.

Originally I didn't intend to write a blog post about my visit, so I'd probably do a decent cover story for Semasa Cafe + Shop in the future because I didn't take much photos and I didn't do an 'investigation' at all. The overall space was tiny, with only two sets of light colored wooden chairs & low tables, and two long normal tables. There were also some nice books you can read while you're there. Or to take a flatlay photo along with your drink & upload it to your IG haha. The whole atmosphere was kind of comfy, neat, and so Japan-like. All I can say is that I pretty much enjoyed being there. I mean, we nearly spent 2 hours there, just chatting and drinking. A rejuving day indeed. :)


Anyway, I hope your holiday is amazing so far. I hope though you're busy, you're still able to do the things you've always wanted to do (the good ones!). I hope you travel a lot, because I finally understand why people say that traveling is the only thing that makes us rich. If you're on a budget, you can just wander around the city... like I'm going to do.

I'm planning on visiting SeaWorld / Kite Museum for my next mini exploration and take some decent pictures there slash some solicitude moment. See you in the next post!

Now back to work.
x emilywip

No comments:

Post a Comment